Dividing your time between a full-time job and taking care of kids and maintaining a home can be rather overwhelming, resulting in parents showing symptoms of stress and unhappiness. While women are traditionally expected to stay at home and take care of the family, more and more mothers these days are pursuing professional careers. Some are doing so due to necessity while others, for the sense of achievement and satisfaction. Juggling a career and raising a family can take its toll on anyone, for sure.
However, a recent survey reveals that 97% of those who responded feel that job flexibility would help them to be better at parenting. What does this mean? Perhaps a job that is based at home or one that has a more flexible schedule would work better for them in trying to successfully balance family time and career. Families and individuals have differences when it comes to lifestyle, priorities, interests, choices and needs. As such, the world today provides excellent solutions to those who want to have flexible jobs and still be able to spend ample time with their families.
Thanks to technology, many things have been made significantly more accessible and convenient, including looking for and building a career. With social media and networking opportunities, there is a faster and better way to communicate between applicants and potential employees. Sites like Jobrapido can be an excellent source of jobs, offering search options filtered by location, profession and/or company. If you are a dedicated mother looking for some flexible career options, look into the following.
- Writing – One of the most flexible home-based jobs! All you need is excellent writing prowess, creativity, good research skills, and a fast Internet connection. Topics range from everything such as technology, parenthood, lifestyle, traveling, health, and even shopping. It can be in the form of articles, website content, press releases or blogging.
- Online Teaching – Many students around the world are looking for tutors who can help them with English, for example. If you are a grammar guru or have a strong interest in teaching, this job could be perfect for you. Some students require a more detailed lesson while others just need simple conversation classes. You can work from home and set your own schedule.
- Web Designing and/or Programming – A lot of designers and programmers prefer to work as freelance agents where they take on projects to be completed within a time frame. The pay is excellent and the time is flexible. As you increase your portfolio, you even tend to attract more clients and receive better compensation.
- Project Manager – This job requires you to develop budgets, requirements and schedules for a firm’s development or production projects. You will be coordinating all these tasks while working with consultants, clients, vendors and computer specialists. This can be a part-time job or even as a work-from-home job.
- Accounting – This sector involves the processing of financial information, organizing records and tax preparation. Some positions may be finance manager, auditor, collection agent, business analyst, just to name a few. Jobs range from entry-level to more experienced professional positions. Some jobs can be contractual or part-time flexible schedules.
You don’t have to live up to traditional expectations of you as a woman and a mother. With the flexibility that many jobs offer nowadays, it is possible for you to have children and to enjoy a career. A woman who has a sense of self-achievement is one who knows what she wants and how she wants it. She can be better as a mother and as a wife.
Written in collaboration with M.D